Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Here’s a script to stop ads from showing next to offensive videos
Apr 12, 2017 by Frederick Vallaeys
Wondering how to avoid embarrassing or controversial video ad placements on YouTube? Frederick Vallaeys shares a script for that.
- 4 mistakes to avoid during a website audit
Apr 12, 2017 by Pratik Dholakiya
A good website audit is important for getting a holistic view of your site’s SEO health. Columnist Pratik Dholakiya explains which mistakes to avoid when conducting a website audit.
- Get the most out of positive, negative and neutral reviews
Apr 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
There are many reasons why a customer may choose to share their local experience with other customers on social review channels. Brands should be paying close attention to these reasons, aligning their response strategies to review sentiment in order to improve the customer experience.
- The complete guide to optimizing content for SEO (with checklist)
Apr 12, 2017 by Nate Dame
Google has stated that “content” is among its top three ranking factors, but what makes content “good” from an SEO perspective? Columnist Nate Dame outlines what makes high-quality SEO content.
- Attend MarTech for vendor-agnostic, graduate-level marketing, technology & management insights
Apr 11, 2017 by Search Engine Land
MarTech is different in a couple of key ways that make it a must-attend experience for marketing leaders. MarTech is independent and not owned by a vendor. We don’t have axes to grind (or sales targets to meet) when it comes to any technology or platform.
- Just released: 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors survey results
Apr 11, 2017 by Matt McGee
After taking a year off, latest version of survey again features educated opinions from almost 40 local search experts.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The Secret to Driving Facebook and Display Ad ROI
- Link building: Preliminary research and analysis
- Snapchat will tell brands how many people saw their ads, then visited their stores, restaurants
- Virool’s new Vertical Video Exchange opens vertical video ad inventory to over 150 DSPs
- Is Google really keeping fake listings off Google Maps?
- Cost-per-visit ad models, offline verification set to shake up online advertising
- Innovid teams with Tapad to target video ads at users across devices
- The first Forrester Wave on Digital Intelligence tools tackles customer interaction
- 5 pragmatic — and powerful — places to improve CX right now
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Get Found Using Google My Business, Search Engine People
- Google’s “Speak to Go” lets you travel the globe with your voice, TechCrunch
- How Google determines authority of local entities, Local University
- Whoa, that’s one big tree … check it out in a new Street View collection , The Official Google Blog
- Burger King’s new ad forces Google Home to advertise the Whopper, The Verge
- How Google Book Search Got Lost, Backchannel
SEM / Paid Search
- Are Your Keyword Rankings You See On Google Correct?, Crazy Egg
- Cut Your PPC Checklist In Half With This Simple Move, The AdStage Blog
- Enhanced Day-Of-Week Budgeting with Non-PPC KPIs, PPC Hero
- The current state of UK programmatic advertising in 5 charts, Digiday
- The Impact of Google’s New Exact-Enough Match Keywords [Data], WordStream
- Gary Illyes Has Better Things In His Tool Belt Compared To Google Manual Action Evaluators, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says You Have Better Things To Do Than Update Your Disavow File, Search Engine Roundtable
- How PR & SEO Work Together, Koozai
- How to be a Better SEO, Roger Montti
- How To Do SEO In China (And Why Maybe You Can’t At All), Ignite Visibility
- How to Get Found Using Local SEO Tactics with Mike Blumenthal, Duct Tape Marketing
- Inventory as an SEO ranking factor, Branded3
- Technical SEO: BS. Own it. The Slides and the Links, Portent
The post SearchCap: Website audits, optimizing content for SEO & local search ranking factors appeared first on Search Engine Land.
Source: Search Engine Land
SearchCap: Website audits, optimizing content for SEO & local search ranking factors